A video clip is a video film created to illustrate a song. It can be reproduced on physical media, such as DVDs, be broadcast on TV or reproduced
on a digital medium, such as the Internet or a mobile device.
What rights does this license authorize ?
According to the use listed above, this license authorizes you to:
- First synchronization of video clips in a televised show:
Assemble or mix video clips with the final visual cut of a televisual work.
- Reproduction of video clips on musical video copies: click here
- Permanent download of video clips:
Reproduce video clips intended for copy to a user's local memory (including, but without being limited to, the user's computer hard disk or audio media,
whether or not it is synchronized to a wireless device).
- Limited download of video clips:
Download video clips using a technology that makes a digital file unusable when the subscription expires.
- On-demand streaming of video clips:
Stream video clips chosen by the user that are not intended for download and that can be viewed at the user's convenience.
How to obtain a licence
Production of video clips intended for television broadcasting:
fill out the License Request Form.
Reproduction of video clips on a video copy of musical works: click here.
On-demand streaming or the permanent or limited download of videoclips, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (514) 845-3268, ext. 242.
First integration of video clips in a televised show:
- $200 per video clip produced for promotional or commercial use.
Permanent download of video clips:
- 8.8% of the price paid by the consumer, subject to a minimum of $0.13 per video clip
Limited download of video clips:
- 5.9% of the price paid by the consumer, subject to a minimum of $0.39/month/subscriber
On-demand streaming of video clips:
- 4.6% of the price paid by the consumer, subject to a minimum of $0.30/month/subscriber
Download of video clips onto mobile devices:
- SODRAC issues licenses to download video clips onto mobile devices only to wireless service providers.
For more information, please call 514-845-3268, ext. 249.
Administration fees apply.